Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Rhubarb Pie

Wow .. What is this?  A Post?!  NO WAY!
But hey, I am blaming the lack thereof due to having a baby, a toddler, a homeschooling 8yr old, husband, dog,  and 2 cats to look after .. yes I know, excuses excuses but hey I am USING THEM!

Just a quick post - with no photos of my own - of a YUMMY recipe that I got off my MIL!

There are no photos of my own and I can't take any more since we ate it all but here is the easy peasy recipe for: 


Rhubarb Pie


Mix together 
- 3 eggs
- one 250g pottle of sourcream (I used lite Sourcream so I didn't feel SO bad!)
- 1/4cup sugar 
- a splash of Vanilla Essence. 

Add some chopped up Rhubarb (about 2ish cups) (I chop it up in pieces about 1cm or less).


Pour that into a sweet pastry base (I use the 'Sweet Shortcrust Pastry' out of the Edmonds Cookbook - but you can use whatever one you want!) 


Pop in the oven for about 1/2hr-3/4hr or until the top is set (looks like custard).


It's super yummy, especially with icecream!


(Photo from here - this is sort of what it looks like!)

Hope you have use for this recipe (it's handy when you're Mum has a whole lot of Rhubarb haha)

Sima J

5 comments:

  1. Shame I don't like rhubarb. You make me want to try again - just to make sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled upon this as I was browsing for various rhubarb pie recipes. Looks delicious! Thanks for trying it with lite sour cream. That's what I would have done though it's nice to see someone else try it successfully first :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!